1) Touch ID & Fingerprint support for login - Fingerprint authentication support has been added to simplify the login process. Once your Touch ID has been setup on a device, it can be used in lieu of your User ID & Password for quick application access. (Available on iOS devices where Touch ID has been setup and Android 6.0/Samsung devices where Fingerprint authentication support is enabled and set up.)
2) Easy Consumer Branding - by clicking ‘Add My Agent’ and selecting an agent via a directory, no more codes or agent IDs are needed, making this process much easier for clients.
3) Archiving Clients in Home Assist – Clients who have become inactive or needing to be hidden temporarily from the Home Assist client view can now be archived. Archived clients and related conversations can be resumed at any time to continue communication.
4) Ability to Sort by Listing Status – Organizing a list of properties by status is now available in the List View by selecting a sorting method.
On startup, the app presents login options for both consumers and agents. The benefits to logging in are mentioned below for both consumers and agents.
Consumers have the choice of:
1) Signing in with their Facebook credentials by tapping on the “Connect Using Facebook” OR
2) Creating an Account and using their email and password. If consumers opt out of the login by tapping 'Continue without Login', they still can use the app and try it out. The benefit to consumers logging are: ability to communicate in app with an Agent, save searches, save favorites, and share listings to Facebook.
Agents Select 'Agent Login' and enter their MLS credentials. Agents should use the id/pw that they normally use to sign into their MLS. If there are any issues with login credentials, Agents should contact the MLS directly. The benefits for Agents logging in are: ability to view agent specific data, advanced search filters, in app communication, and personal branding.
By logging in, Agents will automatically see their own name on the top bar, photo (if available), contact info and Multiple Listing Organization branding within the drawer navigation. When Agents share their app with clients, the client will also see the branding and contact info for that agent. A "Share App" option is featured within the drawer navigation, allowing agents to share their branded app with clients via text, email, Twitter, Facebook or *MLS Contacts (available to select ML boards). A single link is sent to clients that allows them to install the branded app to their mobile device of choice. On login, the client is immediately connected with the agent!
If a consumer has already downloaded the app and didn’t follow the one link to brand the app, the app remains unbranded. Once they choose to work with an agent, they simply contact the Agent to either get the Agent's ID to enter within "Add My Agent" or the Agent will simply share the app via email or text. Consumers can tap on the link to brand the app to the agent. On app open it will reflect the branding of that agent. To re-brand to another agent, consumers can follow the one link to brand the app to a different agent.
Phone Interface The main view of the mobile phone (iPhone & Android) app features a top bar with a menu icon on the left to open the drawer navigation, and a magnifying glass on the right to access Search & Filter. The Android also provides a diskette icon to Save a search. Beneath the top bar, users can easily tap Map | Gallery | List to switch views. Search results are map driven and will show equivalent results on Gallery and List views. Gallery and List Views allow the user to sort on iPhone/Android. The Map Thumbnail view and Gallery view on iPad also provide sort. iPhone & Android Interface: Icons & Views.
iPad Interface The main view of the iPad features a top bar with a menu icon on the left to open the drawer navigation, a gallery icon to toggle to a full gallery view and a magnifying glass on the right to access Search & Filter. At the bottom of the map view, listings appear as thumbnails and coordinate with the markers shown on the map. Once tapped, a map marker or thumbnail photo will launch the listing details view.
The menu houses all the MLS functionality. Agents and consumers are provided with a select set of functions specific to their needs. To access the function, tap on the menu item and the drawer will slide shut to provide maximum real estate. Tap the menu on the top bar to show and tap to hide or simply drag the area open/shut.
To start searching, tap the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the app OR from the drawer navigation, select “New Search/Search.”
Auto-complete will populate all matching results in a list, and users can tap in the text field to add to the top input area. Up to 5 locations within the search input may be added at a time, making searching multiple cities, counties, etc. simple. All apps provide the ability to enter an address, zip code (up to 5 at a time) and MLS# (up to 5 at a time).
Note: Tap “Need Help?” on iOS or the help icon on Android to view the terms that your App allows for location-based auto complete filters.
Filters vary by MLS and on login type; Agents may have more advanced filters.
Once search filters are set, touch the blue “Search” on iPhone/iPad. (On Android you will tap the “Search” at the bottom of the screen). A query will run and retrieve listings that match the criteria. To set the filters back to the default settings, tap on “Reset” on iOS. This won’t clear your specified location or drawn area on the map, just the filter set. (On Android, tap “Reset All” and it will clear the location AND filter list.)
Application function availability varies by MLS and some are only accessible with an Agent login. There are some slight differences in layout and functionality between iOS, Android, and tablet devices.